Friday, November 4, 2011

2010 What Happened, Where'd I go?

2010 was really a mixed bag, I didn't win at Sea Otter and didn't even make it to Nationals, though I had some of the best performance I've ever recorded. I entered my first 100-mile MTB race and did better than expected, and did manage to win a few races that I'll remember forever as some of my best. I flatted while on pace to match or beat my all-time best time on the Badger Mtn TT and then placed 3rd at Cyclocross State Championships. Overall, 2010 left me feeling disappointed, but in retrospect there is a lot to be proud of. My fitness was super, the results just didn't confirm it. But that's racing! And as I always say, winning is just the cherry on the cake.. all the work we invest is "the cake".


November 2010 I hung my bike up to join my son in a Music project. It was really hard to put cycling in the closet, but we just don't have time to do everything and my son had been asking for this for a few years. I committed to the project November 15 2010 and completely quit Cycling for 1 full year, yep, a complete 1 year rest!


November 2011 I'll start again, and we'll have fun monitoring training progress from a complete un-trained and over-weight status! This will be fun, and it will likely be a bit painfull with months of training bearing a look on my face like the one below :^)