Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Update

Head Cold kept me off the bike for a week, but after 2 brutal weeks I probably needed the recovery. I say brutal because my butt, neck, shoulders and back felt like I hadn't ridden... ever! My legs felt great, they never hurt a bit, though my lungs weren't too accommodating, but the legs seemed unfazed. The worst was definitely all about how my body needed adjustment to the saddle and riding position.

I rode this weekend and all those non-cycling specific muscles seemed to have adapted and were much more agreeable to my position on the bike.. I felt great!

Still trying to avg around 5hrs per week at an EZ pace. My CTL is 16, moving in the right direction but have a LONG ways to go. I plan to race this upcoming weekend, which may seem as though I'm biting off more than I can chew, but I plan to ride for fun and will enter with the goal of trying not to come in last place... Racing is the best training!

Date....Weight...1hr Power...Power/Weight..Goal (LB's & w/kg)
11/28...167..........225w........2.96w/kg........155/4.5
11/14...169..........225w.........2.93w/kg.......155/4.5
11/7.....170..........225w.........2.91w/kg........155/4.5