Friday, March 12, 2010

EZ Week, Lets Turn Up The Heat

This last week has been a rest week of sorts, lower total TSS (Training Stress Score) than I'm accustomed to, mostly due to a reduced volume of hard work. I did a punchy group MTB night ride on Tuesday, 3x sets of 5x 30sec on/ 30sec off Speed Intervals on Wednesday, and 3x 10min LT intervals on Thursday. Closed with a 4hr group road ride on Saturday and an EZ hour today.. seems like a pretty tough week really, but compared to what I have been doing, it was cake!

After 2 back to back EZ days, i'll be back at it Tuesday with VO2Max training, 7x 3min on / 3min off Power Intervals. These babies leave a lasting impression, like being branded. But man are they effective, I always get a very fast and very powerful response if I am able to go 100% on these workouts. I'll do them Tuesday and Wednesday nights for the next 2 weeks. Mixed with some Endurance rides and Group rides on the other days. It's critical to be on top of freshness, the VO2Max work has to be full on, 100%, all you can do. The harder the better, and the work is worth the return!!